Friday, August 21, 2009

My Sincere Apologies...

I know, I know...its been 19 days since I last updated...Let's see what all has been going on here? Well, since my last update I have gone to the beach twice and have been busy with classes. I had my first exam today and I feel really good about it. The beach was beautiful and I have two different albums on here from the two times I went. Last night my two roommates, Liz and Sofie, and Sofie's boyfriend Pow, and I went out to a very very nice restaurant! It was 5-stars at a 5-star price. Lol. BUT, it was totally worth it! I had a tuna steak with eggplant, tomatoes, and celery, also a small salad with grapes in it, a glass of white wine, and a chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream on top. It was the BEST meal I think I have ever had! We were there for 3 hours talking about everything from the movies, to politics, to religion, back to Disney Movies, and the wrapped up on the good old USA. A week from today I will be on mid-semester break. I get a week off and for 4 of the days I'm am going to Queenstown which is a town about 4 1/2 hours away by bus. There, I'm going to be staying in a hostel and plan on doing heaps of stuff there! One of the days I'm taking a cruise of Milford Sound which is a really scenic area. During the tour they take you 10 meters underwater! I'm super excited! One of the other days I am going to the Gondola which is a tram thing that takes you way up in the air and you can see the entire city! Another one of the days I am going Jet boating which is a super fast boat that takes you on a tour and they do cool tricks while you are in the boat. After that I will be doing a Lord of the Rings tour either on horse back or in a 4x4 Land Rover. Not sure which one yet. The tour is 4 hours and I'm not sure if my butt can handle me riding a horse for that long! And that's it of my exciting 4 days! I plan on bungy jumping off the second highest point in New Zealand here in a few weeks! New Zealand is known for hosting the FIRST commercial bungy jumping shop...or something like that. Well, one of my roommates left today to go on a 2 week holiday throughout New Zealand with her boyfriend. I'm hoping to get feedback so I know what to try and what to skip. Well, after break it is going to get super busy! I have like 3 essays that are due when I get back and will only have 6 weeks of school left then EXAMS! Ahh! Time here is going by so fast! My weeks fly by me! I've had some down points, but am slowly learning how to deal with them and the ones I can't control/handle I look to God for guidance and help. He is the only one who is there for me 24/7 and during this trip that has become more and more apparent to me. This is truly a trip of a lifetime and I want to thank everyone who has kept me in their prayers. I promise to try and update more often!

0 comments: