Sunday, July 26, 2009

This Past Week
















It's been a while since I have written. Here are some updates. Two Saturday's ago I woke up kinda crummy. I didn't do much other than just take it easy. The next few days I felt a little worse each day but nothing to really be concerned about. Tuesday morning I woke up feeling ok and went to my first class which was Animal Biology. Around 10:40 my professor showed a quick clip of a movie about Evolution. A little bit up until the showing of the clip I felt really bad. I didn't know what I was feeling, but I knew I was getting sick and fast. Right before the clip started I passed out. I woke up when the clip was over and class was dismissed. I found my stuff on the floor and I think the guy next to me noticed something, but asked if I was ok and I told him I was fine. I knew something was wrong because I had never passed out before. I got up and went straight to the doctor. When I got there I told them what had happened and they asked me if I would like to rest and I told them yes. They put me in a room with a lady who had a serious blood infection (gathered the info from overhearing doctors) and kept getting sick. I was glad that I don't have a problem with hearing people get sick. Anyway a nurse came in to check on her and noticed me lying on a bed in the corner. She asked if anyone had come to help me and I told her no. She apologized and assured me she would be right back and that I would see the doctor very soon. She checked my vitals and asked me my symptoms and told me the doctor would be right in to see me. I saw the doctor and had a nice chat with him about my passing out in class and my cough and conjestion. He then told me I had swine flu. I was a little suprised to hear this, but I asked him again and he said that yes I had swine flu. He wrote me a note for school and my job was to rest the next few days and just let it pass. I got back to my flat and told my roommates what the situation was. They were a little freaked out. I took a day and a half of classes off and then returned Thursday. I don't feel I'm too behind just feel I'm still trying to catch up on sleep. I feel a whole lot better now...still have a cough and some conjestion, but overall I feel tons better.
This last week it has been pretty rainy, but have had warmer days so that has been nice. I'm now wearing only one jacket when I leave the flat instead of two. Last night I went to a cross-cultural event in downtown Dunedin. It was held at the octogon which is like the center of downtown and the streets literally form an octogon. I have some pictures of the buildings that I will post with this entry. The International night was filled with performances from about 15 different countries including: India, Japan, China, Malaysa, Key West, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Indonesia, Malan, and Africa. The performances were great and I have lots of video that I will try and put up. I didn't realize how long the event was and it ended up being over 3 hours long. Anyway, after the event my roommates and I went around town with our neighbors and stopped in a cafe. It was very nice, but a little expensive for my taste. After a long night we turned in.

Today I slept in a little and then got up and went grocery shopping with my roommates. After shopping we went on a walk because it was a beautiful day today. After we got back I have been catching up on some reading for my Sociology class. Tomorrow is Monday and my weekend flew by. :(

I will try and post more often then once a week!

0 comments: